July Theme: Fireworks

 
Fireworks remind me of that awesome moment in life when everything just comes together. It’s a short and sweet moment that you were expecting to happen but it is still pretty awesome when it does.
I know what you’re thinking, “What the grazzle is he talking about?”
I’ll explain with 2 examples...
An old exempli gratia-
When I was younger I was taught to how to take a pen and nib, dip it in ink, and make different kinds of strokes with it on paper. After a lot of practice strokes I was taught how to use them to make letters. Then, after lots of practice letters, I could put them together to make words. I knew that I was working towards the goal of making awesome words (calligraphy style) but there was still something sweet about the first time I looked down and saw what I had made. It was like fireworks...
A recent exempli gratia-
Over the last few weeks I have been working hard towards learning a bunch of new digital art techniques. It has been a slow going and somewhat painful process but a few days ago I sat back and looked at what was on my computer screen... some cool new artwork made by using some cool new art techniques! It was like fireworks...

I will close this brief post with the brilliant words of the magnificent Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith... “I love it when a plan comes together.”

Michael 'Boom' Townsend

Comments

  1. ...I love that moment, too, Michael! Here's to everything coming together...(Great pic!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment