"Gratitudes" November Theme by Jen Cervantes


Every morning when I wake up and right before I open my eyes, I take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for my health, my family and friends, my daughters’ well-being. The list goes on. These are the “gratitudes” I carry with me every day. But there are small, delicate threads of gratitude that are always present if we only open our eyes to see them. Sometimes, like in New Mexico, the beauty is so often, so common, that we take it for granted as seen in this photo my husband took. Yes, I am blessed with this scene and more every day when the sun sets over the desert. These threads are present everywhere--present when the snow shivers from the sky, coating the desert in a blanket of white. Present in the smoky scent of chile roasting in the valley. Or when I see a random act of kindness and my heart is full and renewed with hope for a thoughtful world. My prayer today was that I recognize these simple moments and take the time to be grateful for them too. Eisntein once said, “There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle.” I hope I always live the latter.

Comments

Post a Comment