March Theme: Taking Breaks


My thoughts on Taking Breaks-
1. Taking one day off a week from work and chores is a wise thing to do...
2. Taking one day off a week from work and chores is a very hard thing to do...
3. When taking longer breaks (a.k.a. vacations) I do not like to record any of my thoughts and or create any kind of fantastic illustrative illustrations about my experiences but...
4. I love to read about creative people who record their thoughts and create fantastic illustrative illustrations of their experiences while vacationing...
5. It’s weird--I know.
6. My favorite artist/writer in that category is a guy named Rockwell Kent. If you are not familiar with him, I’d recommend his book ‘N by E’ as a great introduction to his travel writings and illustrations...
7. Someday I plan on taking a trip up the Hudson River to a little Museum full of his paintings and art...
8. I will not write about this trip and or make any illustrative illustrations of my experience.
9. Someday I will take a break and learn how to make cool wood block illustrations (that rock) just like Rockwell Kent. (The two illustrations in this post are both by R. Kent and from his book ‘N by E’- a story about him, a 33-foot cutter, and a trip from New York To Greenland...)
by Michael Townsend


Comments

Post a Comment