A cautionary tale



"Hey
Just saying my goodbyes
The living was the prize
The ending’s not the story"
--William Finn, Elegies

At last, the secret I’ve kept closest to my vest has been revealed.
I am a terrible blogger.
Not just terrible, mind you. PHENOMENALLY terrible. Atrocious, some might say.


When Holly asked me to join Smack Dab, drawing me in with the promise that it was only once a month, I warned her that I would miss some posts. I warned her that I probably wouldn’t be very good at it. It’s a sad victory to know just how right I was.
I’ve enjoyed being a member of the Smack Dab crew but, alas, this is my final post. I’ve so enjoyed the camaraderie of all these talented writers.  It’s not easily that I trod off yet trod I must.
If I have a parting thought, it is this; DON’T OVEREXTEND YOURSELF! Know your limits. Better than that, RESPECT your limits. Manage your ambition so you don’t end up like me.
Yes, I am the cautionary tale the members of this blog will whisper about for years to come. “And there was Brian, who was an abysmal blogger and nearly drove himself insane with the guilt of not blogging. They say he eats his own hair as penance.”
Seriously, though, it’s been fun. So many great and insightful posts.  I wish my fellow Smackers (Dabbers?) nothing but the absolute best, both on the blog and off. Keep writing up a storm! Keep supporting each other! And most importantly: DON'T EAT YOUR HAIR.

Catch you on the flipside, daddios!

Comments

  1. Aw, Brian--no hair eating allowed! We loved having you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, will miss your sense of humor! Come back and guest post (when your hair grows back in)! All the best to you ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment