Jumping In, Sort of (September Theme from Jody Feldman)

I tossed around several ideas to connect with this month’s theme of jump in. They leapt from ...
    *Jumping in and typing those first words of a new book, to ...
    *Jumping in and saving your characters from themselves and their bad decisions (because they are either going to ruin their lives and/or the plot of the book), to ...
    *Jumping into an unfamiliar setting and making it true to life (if it’s a real place) or seem like it could exist in an atlas (if it's made up).

And so the thoughts went.

Each was truly meaty, but before I could decide, this envelope came in the mail...

Inside are copyedits for Gollywhopper 2 due very soon. Also, I am expecting an editorial letter for #3 any second ...

And I am furiously trying to jot down all these great ideas that finally started pouring in, ideas for a brand new, really fun, hopefully uproarious, or at least slightly amusing book.

So I’m just jumping in to say I’m basically punting on my Smack Dab responsibilities this month ... because that’s how this wonderfully unpredictable world of children’s books can be. When the work hits, you simply need to jump in and take care of business.

Comments

Post a Comment