Nothing Lasts Forever: March Theme by Tamera Wissinger

For me, this month’s Ides of March/derailment theme has become about loss and staying on track while something good is ending. The truth is, not long ago I lost a dear friend and I am finding it very hard to focus on my work when I’m sad. As I was deciding how to approach this subject, I glanced at today’s date in my Grace Notes: A Book of Daily Meditations by Alexandra Stoddard and found a way. Here is the quote and Alexandra’s reflections:

Learning to live is learning to let go. 
Sogyal Rinpoche

Alexandra says, “…Nothing lasts forever. Whenever you let go you become open and free to receive something new, something unknown to you now.  When you let go, you lose pain and gain insight.”

Letting go of pain and gaining insight – my friend would like that for me and so I will do my best to move forward.

For those of you who, for whatever reason, may also be stuck I wish you the freedom to become open to something new.

Be well, my friends. 

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Tamera. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Tamera. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss, Tamera. Thank you for writing about it in such a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Tamera. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so late in replying to all of your well wishes. Thank you for these words of solace. I am missing my friend, but as Rinpoche says, I'm "learning to let go." (And knowing that I carry a bit of her spirit with me.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment