Women Who Changed the World by Laurie Calkhoven

I love the idea of hibernating. I see snowstorms and polar vortexes as an excuse not to leave the house (or get out of my pajamas, but that’s another story). I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that I was a hermit in a former life.

But hibernation isn’t in the cards for me this year because this happened:



WOMEN WHO CHANGED THE WORLD is a book that grew out of school visits. I would talk to the kids about my other collective biography, I GREW UP TO BE PRESIDENT, and say, “there’s going to be a girl in this book one day.”

I got tired of waiting, so I decided to write a book about strong, interesting American girls who grew up to change the world. It was just published, in time for Women’s History Month. To celebrate, I’m offering free 20-30 minute Skype sessions in March and April to classes, book clubs, and scout troops who have read the book.

If you’re a teacher, librarian, or book club leader, e-mail me to set up a date and time: lcalkhoven@me.com

I’d love to hear how your young readers are going to change the world.

Comments

Post a Comment