Summer of Books by Deborah Lytton: August Theme

My favorite summer memories all involve books.  I can remember endless summer days spent solving mysteries with Nancy Drew or surviving alone on the Island of the Blue Dolphins.  Books decorate my house.  They are stacked in every single room.  Books that I loved then, and books that I love now.  One of my goals as a writer of middle grade fiction is to create books that can become special summer memories for readers.  It is in that time away from the responsibilities of school and activities that kids can allow their imaginations to soar.  I am honored to be a part of their journeys into the pages of a book.  C.S. Lewis said, “You can make anything by writing.”  Here are some of the adventures my favorite authors made for me:
 





Comments

  1. How I loved A WRINKLE IN TIME. Madeleine L'Engle was the only author I ever wrote a letter to, and how thrilled I was when she wrote back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment